skip to Main Content

When Issues Occur Following Divorce, Contact Duff & Kronfeld

A final divorce decree signifies the official and legal end of a marriage. Rarely, however, does it mean the end of your legal needs – particularly if you share parenting responsibilities for minor children. This is because changes in life can make corresponding changes to child custody, visitation, child support and spousal support terms a necessity in certain situations.

At Duff & Kronfeld, P.C., we have been helping clients in Fairfax County and Northern Virginia successfully resolve post-divorce and other family law issues for more than 20 years. Whether seeking modifications or challenging the need for such changes, our goal is to achieve results that serve your best interests in the most efficient, cost-effective and professional manner possible.

Our experience with post-divorce modifications includes:

  • QDROS, COAPS and similar orders necessary to effectuate the division of one spouse’s retirement account
  • Wills, powers of attorney and similar estate planning documents required by your new marital status
  • Requests to modify child custody arrangements or visitation schedules, which may be sought at any time, provided there is a material change in circumstances that would justify the proposed change, such as illness or disability, relocation opportunities or changes related to employment.)
  • Requests to modify spousal support, also referred to as alimony, which may be non-modifiable by terms of marital agreements or divorce settlement agreements.
  • Requests to modify child support, which are subject to the “material change in circumstances” requirement.

Helping You Enforce Custody, Visitation And Support Terms

Our attorneys also assist clients whose former spouses or co-parents are not abiding by the terms of an existing order or agreement concerning custody, visitation or support. The good news is that there are a number of potential remedies for addressing this particular type of problem, including wage garnishment and various civil litigation actions.

To learn more about your post-divorce enforcement options or a modification concern, schedule a confidential appointment with one of our lawyers by calling our Fairfax office at 703-591-7475 or contacting us online.

Contact Us Today For Knowledgeable And
Client-Centered Assistance

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.

I have read the disclaimer.*
Privacy Policy

Back To Top