Fairfax Military Divorce Attorneys
Members of the Armed Forces and their spouses face many stresses during the course of a military career and marriage. If the marriage breaks down, military families will face the same kind of emotional turmoil in their personal lives as would any civilian, but will also face additional challenges unique to military families.
Duff & Kronfeld, P.C. in Fairfax is an exceptional resource for service members or their spouses to turn to for focused guidance through the divorce process. In general, a military divorce for Virginia residents is handled under state law. However, an array of federal laws also impact many aspects of the process. It is vital for you to work with attorneys who understand how federal laws, such as the Service members Civil Relief Act (SCRA), can modify the Virginia divorce process, including adding restrictions on filing for divorce during active duty.
Two areas that often create particular concerns in a military divorce:
- Child custody and visitation issues — With the potential for transfer, deployment, temporary duty assignments and the other demands of military life, creating a workable and fair child custody and visitation arrangement can be complex. We work hard to protect the child-parent relationship in crafting well-reasoned solutions to difficult parenting time disputes.
- Dividing marital property — You need to work with an attorney who understands the unique eligibility rules and procedures to fully address issues related to military benefit programs. For career military personnel, dividing military retirement and pension benefits is complicated. Our Fairfax military divorce attorneys can evaluate your unique circumstances, explain your rights and aggressively safeguard your financial interests.
Duff & Kronfeld, P.C. offers experienced guidance to military personnel and their spouses throughout Northern Virginia. To learn how forty years of experience can protect your rights contact us online or call 703-591-7475 to set up an appointment.
- Child Custody & Visitation
- Parent-Child Relocation
- Child Support
- Child Support Modifications
- Spousal Support & Alimony
- Marital Agreements
- Rights Of Unmarried Couples
- Grandparent & Stepparent Rights
- Protective Orders & Family Abuse
- Issues Following Divorce
- Military Divorce
- Same-Sex Family Law Issues
Military Divorce lawyers serving Fairfax and Northern Virginia