Spousal Support & Alimony Lawyer in Fairfax, Virginia
Duff & Kronfeld, P.C. recognizes that financial issues of divorce are often complex and are always crucial to clients, whether they are paying or receiving spousal support. This fact is always kept paramount as our Fairfax spousal support lawyers guide clients through the rocky terrain of divorce.
How We Will Help You With Your Claim For Alimony
With a thorough understanding of the intricacies of these rules, Duff & Kronfeld, P.C. assembles facts and data that put you in the most advantageous position when appearing in court. Our experienced Fairfax spousal support & alimony lawyers also handle modifications of support – for yourself and your children – if you or your ex-spouse undergoes a material change in financial circumstances.
Factors Virginia Courts Considered in Spousal Support Cases
Under Virginia law, when a court must decide the nature, amount and duration of an award of spousal support, it is required to consider 13 specific factors. Although these factors cover a wide variety of potential facts and circumstances, the facts most commonly presented to the court focus on the following:
- The parties’ respective income and expenses
- The length of the marriage
- The standard of living during the marriage
- Each party’s positive and negative contributions to the family unit during the marriage
- The employment and employability of each party, taking into consideration earning potential, education, age and physical and mental health
We will help you present your position regarding each factor in order to provide you with the best possible outcome, whether in court or during the negotiation or mediation process. In addition to advocating workable strategies for spousal support, the firm’s attorneys possess considerable experience in child support matters.
Experience. Dedication. Client-Focused Service.
If spousal support issues are on the table, you owe it to yourself to have experienced, dedicated advocates who understand your position and how best to present it. Call us at 703-591-7475 in Fairfax or send us an email for assistance you can trust. All appointments with at the firm are confidential.
- Child Custody & Visitation
- Parent-Child Relocation
- Child Support
- Child Support Modifications
- Spousal Support & Alimony
- Marital Agreements
- Rights Of Unmarried Couples
- Grandparent & Stepparent Rights
- Protective Orders & Family Abuse
- Issues Following Divorce
- Military Divorce
- Same-Sex Family Law Issues