Today many different types of trucks are on the road, ranging from commercial vehicles such as 18-wheelers, FedEx and UPS delivery trucks, concrete mixer trucks, garbage trucks, and gasoline tankers to tractor-trailers transporting hazardous waste or toxic chemicals. Smaller vehicles are dwarfed by these big rigs.
The potential for serious injuries is high when a truck crashes into other vehicles. For this reason, trucking is a heavily regulated industry. Attorneys at Duff & Kronfeld, P.C. thoroughly investigate, gather evidence and prepare powerful case strategies to hold negligent parties accountable to victims of truck accidents.
Common Causes Of Truck Accidents
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) has established numerous rules and regulations that truck drivers and trucking companies must follow. Unfortunately, regulatory violations sometimes occur, resulting in serious personal injuries. Common accident causes include:
- Driver fatigue due to hours of service violations
- Failed maintenance inspections resulting in mechanical failures
- Driver inattention through cell phone use
- Driving too fast for weather conditions
- Prescription medication and illegal drug use
- Unsecured cargo or cargo overloads resulting in falling debris
- Failure to obey traffic laws
- Unfamiliarity with routes
- Failure to estimate necessary maneuvers to avoid an accident
- Aggressive driving
Any accident with a truck can result in serious consequences, such as spine and neck injuries, broken bones, traumatic brain injuries and concussions, serious burns or wrongful deaths. A lawyer can help you with your complete recovery.
Providing Strong And Skilled Support With Your Truck Accident Claim
Offsetting the tremendous expense involved with serious injuries can create hardships on your family. Duff & Kronfeld, P.C. in Fairfax represents truck accident victims and their families throughout Northern Virginia, and we will help you level the playing field. Call 703-591-7475 to schedule a consultation for a full evaluation of your accident case. You may also contact us online with your questions.